Wibaa started his artistic journey after he asked himself if he can do something creative.
Will I be an artist?
Although it seems to be a simple question, it is not because every question has different answers that affect each person differently.
One may paint for a more extended period just to realize how little they know about it.
He approaches the canvas without prejudices and with an open mind. The goal is not to create pictures and images as it is to resolve, crystallize form, colour, and mark into a cohesive totality of a rich experience. he is often befuddled throughout the painting process, trying to find his way out and feeling very much like a novice until that moment of clarity arrives. For a long time, his work has been resolved via the creation of a blighted landscape.
Beneath tectonic plates of hue and shape, spaces of colour and light resembling the mountains and oceans of his journeys open. Sometimes of his soul.
Recently, his work has focused on smaller moments in the environment - not the majestic views of the Italian countryside or the New England coast, but rather his backyard and garden.
A time of intense reflection and personal change has prompted a closer examination of the intimate shapes seen in nature's leaves, branches, and lines. Plants and flowers have found their way into his painting language, which had hitherto eschewed any connection to depiction.
Painting has served as a bridge between his drawing, which is based on natural shapes, and his paintings, layered with colour and light. As is customary in his painting technique, these pictures are painting in various colours, their orientation often reversed, and combined with supplementary or repeated colour images to create depth and form interactions.
Painting has introduced him to new world, painting helps him to see himself inside, to express
emotions, to relax, to find a moment to get away from reality.
His creative process comes from an idea, from an emotion and is reflected on his canvas.
My Instagram profile is https://www.instagram.com/willibeanartist/
- Artwork published in the specialized international magazine Artup Mi – Spring Edition
- Artwork selected for collective exhibition of Contemporary Artists - Rome - Via Margutta
- Artwork selected for "My Happy Art Box" - Mill Studios - Derby - United Kingdom
- Artist selected for publication in the gallery's specialized magazine - Boomer Gallery - London - UK
- Reborn exhibition July 2021- The Hive Gallery - Shrewsbury - United Kingdom
- Artwork selected for short list and published online - Doncaster art fair 2021- United Kingdom
- Exibition Stadio Domiziano – Piazza Navona – Roma 9/06/2021 – 11/07/2021
- Artwork selected for short list and published online - DCDP CUP - Art Mall Milano – Italy
- Artwork published online – Pepita Ramone – Genova – Italy
- Artistic profile selected for COCA PROJECT 2021 (Center of Contemporary Artists) international edition
- Exhibition Bloomer Gallery – London – 9-15 July 2021
- Exhibition The Virtual Art Vol. 1 - Digital Chroma Agency - Berlin – Germany
Event on reservation