Open the Call dedicated to videos of artists who will participate in RAW 2023: the collaboration between Rome Art Week and Miami New Media Festival, now in its 18th edition.
Selected videos will be shown during the Rome Art Week event at the Miami New Media Festival (venue yet to be determined). The first screening of the works will be in Miami and then they will be presented at the following world stops of the festival, in addition to their virtual presence on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Don’t miss this opportunity: participation is completely free of charge.
Registration will close on September 15, 2023
“Global Healing” In a convulsive world immersed in so many wars and conflicts, now more than ever we need to find ways to come together and take care of our bodies, minds and spirits.
Il Miami New Media Festival wishes to show that art can be a powerful healing tool; it can help us express our emotions, connect with others and find meaning in difficult times. New media art can inspire artists and community members to find common ground for action to heal the world. We believe that artistic expressions are a response to our present and have a healing effect on our society.
Finally, MNMF 2023 will present new perspectives on how to achieve “global healing” through the views of selected artists to understand the present times and be part of the necessary global change.
- Participation is free and artists registered for this edition of Rome Art Week of any nationality may participate.
- The entry will be screened by the jury of the RAW meets Miami New Media Festival 2023 project.
- Only artistic works that explore the topic “Global Healing” as per the proposed theme, will be considered.
- Each artist or group of artists may submit only one work of video art.
- Video installations or video structures will not be accepted.
- Videos must be submitted through a downloadable link (preferably wetransfer) in .mov Full HD (1920×1080 px) format (Files not exceeding 1gb are recommended).
- The duration of the video must be between 2:30 and 10 minutes.
- The artwork, if it has dialogue, must have English subtitles.
- All artworks will become part of the Festival archive and may be used in other future festivals, without commercial purposes and as part of the event.
- The selection of artworks will be announced to the authors by e-mail and on the festival website.
- The artist participating in this call is under no obligation to reside in Rome or to arrange an open studio
The application will be screened by the artistic director of the RAW meets Miami NMF project. The applicant will have to wait for an email confirming that they have been selected.