The call dedicated to the videos of artists who will participate in RAW 2022 opens: as is now tradition, the collaboration between Rome Art Week and the Miami New Media Festival, now in its 18th edition, is reconfirmed for the fifth consecutive year, this time with the special participation of the Center for American Studies as the venue for the Roman screening.
Selected videos will be shown during Rome Art Week at the Miami New Media Festival event, which will be held at the Center for American Studies on Oct. 25, 2022, from 3 to 5 p.m. The works will then be presented in Miami and at the other global stages of the festival, in addition to a virtual presence on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Don’t miss this opportunity: participation is completely free.
Registration will close on September 15, 2022
“Civility vs Violence: Education, Art and Community as a Way to Embrace Nonviolence”
War, racial and gender discrimination, intolerance, and social conflict are part of our daily lives. We see violence in the streets, on social networks, in the news, in print and digital media.
The Miami New Media Festival wants to show that civility, respect, art and education are effective ways to embrace peace. Communities must be the main actors in this process of change, and artistic expressions can be a response with a healing effect on our society. This is why we want to open a space for reflection to collect and share video art and performance works, with the aim of helping to overcome this difficult time.
Finally, MNMF 2022 will present new perspectives on how to embrace peace through the views of selected artists to understand the present times and be part of an inclusive future.
- Participation is free and artists registered for this edition of Rome Art Week of any nationality may participate.
- The entry will be screened by the jury of the RAW meets Miami New Media Festival 2022 project.
- Only artistic works that explore the topic “Civility vs Violence: Education, Art and Community as a Way to Embrace Nonviolence,” as per the proposed theme, will be considered.
- Each artist or group of artists may submit only one work of video art.
- Video installations or video structures will not be accepted.
- Videos must be submitted through a downloadable link (preferably wetransfer) in .mov Full HD (1920×1080 px) format (Files not exceeding 1gb are recommended).
- The duration of the video must be between 2:30 and 10 minutes.
- The artwork, if it has dialogue, must have English subtitles.
- All artworks will become part of the Festival archive and may be used in other future festivals, without commercial purposes and as part of the event.
- The selection of artworks will be announced to the authors by e-mail and on the festival website.
- The artist participating in this call is under no obligation to reside in Rome or to arrange an open studio
The application will be screened by the artistic director of the RAW meets Miami NMF project. The applicant will have to wait for an email confirming that they have been selected.