ROME ART WEEK / RAW 2023
INTERRELATIONS / FORMS OF BEING
october 23-29 (except 25th) h 12:30-21:00
from october 30 to november 5 exhibition of relational works
carried out in the open studio
- Inauguration of the work "E Ri-uscimmo a Riveder le Stelle" of 1993, which sees the light now in 2023 ... an anniversary for the 30 years ... (multiple cm. 200x300 of 4 canvases of cm. 100x150 assembled)
- Inauguration of the oil canvas cm. 50x50 "The Mandala of Life / the 12 senses"
- Inauguration of drawings with colored pencils cm. 30x40 (Atypical Mandalas, Pandora's Boxes, Monochromatic etc.)
- Inauguration of Interactive Drawings with the Artists Massimo Napoli and Paola Vianale
- Inauguration of the Interactive Drawing with Giulio Scelfo and my subsequent ones
- In view of the Oil on canvas "THE SACRED FOREST" of 2021 (cm. 100x140)
I start from the consideration that the canvases are images of houses, from mine to those of the people around me, in short, a hypothesis of a "neighborhood", a country with cultivated fields until the harvest, and this is the moment in which the canvases are completed.
Showing them, then, is the backing and their digestibility in assuming and metabolizing them, until they are transformed into feelings within each of us.
The Works represent our Homes, so GENERATE them binds us to the BODY, OUR and the inscrutable one of NATURE, through the binder of the HEART.
A video will be shot to document the week.
Proposed activities (every day - no wednesday, 25 -12.30 - 21.00)
- Taste of creativity. Live practice with guests.
- Portrait of the guests (with 3 photos)
- Documentary video shooting
Architect / Artist, I have been developing visual research since the end of the 70s through different languages, from painting to ceramics, to glass fusion, to video'art languages and to photo compositing, in small and large dimensions.
The latter and space, transparency, light, are the main references of my works, together with the identification of human space, fragmented, inscrutable, yet "transparent in its essence".
In 2019 the "Prototypes" are born, display cases that critically visualize the loss of Nature in the contemporary transformation into ARTIFICIAL NATURE, which would like to replace the natural fertile one and, as seductive and bewitching sirtene, prototypes of new reproductive modalities, in the intimate intertwining of Attraction which exerts the universal force of the gaze. Made with Murano glass rods, on plexiglass support, the Teche are made with a real architectural construction project and are felt and thought with a look towards the project of the future.
- Open Studio RAW 2022, RAW 2021
- Antinatale 2020 collettiva presso RO.MI. Arte Contemporanea Via Vetulonia 55, Roma
- RAW 2020 artista partecipante/esposizione collettiva presso RO.MI. Arte Contemporanea Via Vetulonia 55, Roma
- RAW 2019 artista partecipante/esposizione collettiva presso RO.MI. Arte Contemporanea Via Vetulonia 55, Roma
- MACRO ASILO Atelier 25-30 giugno 2019
- A.M.A.C.I. 2018 esposizione presso RO.MI. Arte Contemporanea Via Vetulonia 55
- Arte Genova 2015 XI ed. Febbraio 2015
- IX LONDON BIENNALE 1/8/2016 presso Studio.ra Contemporary Art, svolta a Roma
- A.M.A.C.I. 2014 esposizione presso RO.MI. Arte Contemporanea Via Vetulonia 55
- “Sacro Fiume Almone in Primavera, evento Open House maggio 2014 Galleria Studio.ra
- Dependance Casina delle Civette, Villa Torlonia, Arte-Viva in Villa Torlonia, maggio 2009
- Palazzo Valentini, sotterranei, personale, 1986
- Coordinatore metodologie Rappresentazione visiva scuole e Università, Dipartimento di Rappresentazione Facoltà di Architettura di Roma, 1984-1985
- IL BEATO CREATORE, pittura e installazioni Palazzina Corsini, Villa Pamphili, 1984, Roma
Wrote: Emilio Villa, Mario Lunetta, Dario Micacchi, Elio Mercuri
web: https//www.giuseppescelfo.it - Facebook: giuseppescelfo
Events at Rome Art Week
Vernissage Monday 26 Oct 2020 | 16:30