Ada Perla was born in Rome in 1960, studied art since high school and graduated in art history. After working as a graphic designer for agencies and theaters, she shared an atelier with Luigia d'Alfonso for many years. In 2014 they started an adventure that led the artistic duo towards a common language: Sabìr. The name chosen by the authors to identify this new artwork refers to the language spoken in the past in the ports across the Mediterranean Sea.
Later on, the Sabìr concept was expanded and enriched with Totems and Ciaccerate. The artistic duo was also selected for several exhibitions and contests and in 2019 Luigia and Ada exhibited at the Rome Art Week with the work "Ciaccerata immaginatopeica" at the Spallazzani Hospital - INML. An art project that involved the patients and staff of the hospital as well as visitors to the exhibition space.
During the 2020 lockdown, Perla rediscovered her artistic individuality, working on a new project for RAW 2021 "The flower room", presented by the GART-Garden Art Cultural Association.
- GEHÄUSE, group exhibition AUSGANG24 in collaboration with INCINQUE OPEN ART MONTI, Rome.
- SHE IS... 2020, the multi-disciplinary art group exhibition organized by One Art Space Gallery in TriBeCa, NY.
- Sinergie Solidali Call for artists "Woman: from Object to Subject". "Ciaccerata... with the other face of the Moon", work selected for exhibition, Sinergie Solidali Association, Rome.
- RAW Rome Art Week, dap - Ciaccerata immaginatopeica. A participated artistic project at INMI L. Spallanzani: "Ciaccerata... at Spallanzani". The donated work is exhibited in the hospital lobby, Rome.
- ASREA Art Competition 2019: Sabir "The Flight of the Sirens", selected and exhibited at the group show at the Ex Cartiera Latina – Nagasawa Hall, Rome.
- Solo exhibition "Sabir - Visionary bridge", One Art Space Gallery, Tribeca, New York.
- XXX Porticato Gaetano, Certificate of special mention by Pinacoteca Comunale di Gaeta for the work "TMS": Totem Time Memory Mediterranean Space. The work is now part of the contemporary art collection of the Pinacoteca.
- Arte Laguna Prize 2018-19, Venice International contemporary art competition: Sabìr "Repercussions" overcame the first stage of selection.
- Group exhibition XXX Porticato Gaetano, art review "The space and time of memory",
Municipal Art Gallery "Antonio Sapone", Gaeta (LT).
- Group exhibition Umbria Art Festival of contemporary art, urban location Terni.
- Solo exhibition "Il Sabìr - pictorial plots", Pagea Contemporary Art Gallery, Angri (SA).
- Solo exhibition "M.A.L.A.", Art Studio Monfalcone 16, Rome.
- Solo exhibition "The colors of water", Art Studio Monfalcone 16, Rome.
- Solo exhibition "Atelier Simultané", Art Studio Monfalcone 16, Rome.
- Exhibition for "Welfare and Finance: Women on stage", Euclide Theatre, Rome.
- Solo exhibition for "Percorsi di vini", Monte dei Paschi di Siena and ING Investment Management, Rome.
- Group exhibition 3rd Edition "The doors of the Mediterranean", Cloister of Paolotti, Conversano (BA).
- Solo exhibition "Season at the Theatre," Euclide Theatre, Rome.
- International Fair of Modern and Contemporary Art, 27th Fair of East and
-Touring group exhibition "Olivo in arte", Cultural Association Studio 5, Italy.
Events at Rome Art Week
Vernissage Monday 25 Oct 2021 | 16:30-19:00