THE WORKS ARE MY HOUSES / we grow up, it is not time that passes ...
Inauguration of the Opera "The Regenerating Goddess" in the 21st century A.D.
I start from the consideration that the canvases are images of houses, from mine to those of the people around me, in short, a hypothesis of a "neighborhood", a country with cultivated fields and to be cultivated with wheat, spelled, etc. until the harvest which is the time when the canvases are completed.
Showing them, then, is the bread-making and their digestibility in taking them and metabolizing them, until they are transformed into feelings within each of us.
The Work represents the symbol updated today, as early as the 8th century BC, with its implications. Just as the Works are our Homes, so generating them binds us to the BODY, OURS and of the inscrutable NATURE.
A video will be shot to document the week.
Proposed activities (every day 15.00 - 20.00)
- Taste of creativity. Live practice with guests.
- Portrait of the guests (with 3 photos)
- Documentary video shooting
Architect / Artist, I have been developing visual research since the end of the 70s through different languages, from painting to ceramics, to glass fusion, to video'art languages and to photo compositing, in small and large dimensions. The latter and space, transparency, light, are the main references of my works, together with the identification of human space, fragmented, inscrutable, yet "transparent in its essence". In 2019 the "Prototypes" are born, display cases that critically visualize the loss of Nature in the contemporary transformation into ARTIFICIAL NATURE, which would like to replace the natural fertile one and, as seductive and bewitching sirtene, prototypes of new reproductive modalities, in the intimate intertwining of Attraction which exerts the universal force of the gaze. Made with Murano glass rods, on plexiglass support, the Teche are made with a real architectural construction project and are felt and thought with a look towards the project of the future.
I OPEN a window on a type of vision, mine and probably not only, on the mysterious "essence" of Art.
Numerous interpretations are given to explain Art, a word abused in its materiality and essence.Now, I can think that Art, or what we generally consider to be, must ultimately be considered "indescribable": in its nature, in what we notice and what we define when we see "the Work" (the work of transformation (which happens) on oneself and made visible in images).
Open Studio RAW 2021
Antinatale 2020 collettiva presso RO.MI. Arte Contemporanea Via Vetulonia 55, Roma
RAW 2020 artista/esposizione presso RO.MI. Arte Contemporanea Via Vetulonia 55, Roma
RAW 2019 artista/esposizione presso RO.MI. Arte Contemporanea Via Vetulonia 55, Roma
- MACRO ASILO Atelier 25-30 giugno 2019
- M.A.C.I. 2018 esposizione presso RO.MI. Arte Contemporanea Via Vetulonia 55
- Arte Genova 2015 XI ed. Febbraio 2015
- IX LONDON BIENNALE 1/8/2016 presso Studio.ra Contemporary Art, svolta a Roma
- M.A.C.I. 2014 esposizione presso RO.MI. Arte Contemporanea Via Vetulonia 55
- “Sacro Fiume Almone in Primavera, evento Open House maggio 2014 Galleria Studio.ra
- Dependance Casina delle Civette, Villa Torlonia, Arte-Viva in Villa Torlonia, maggio 2009
- Palazzo Valentini, sotterranei, personale, 1986
- Coordinatore metodologie Rappresentazione visiva scuole e Università, <<dipartimento di Rappresentazione Facoltà di Architettura di Roma, 1984-1985
- IL BEATO CREATORE, pittura e installazioni Palazzina Corsini, Villa Pamphili, 1984, Roma
Wrote: Emilio Villa, Mario Lunetta, Dario Micacchi, Elio Mercuri
web: https//www.giuseppescelfo.it - facebook: giuseppescelfo - youtube: giuseppescelfo
Events at Rome Art Week
Vernissage Monday 26 Oct 2020 | 16:30