Milan, January 2016.
We can safely say that Tancredi moves in that great ocean that is the abstract that comes when there is no longer any reference to reality in the paintings. In the field of images, signs, understood as symbols that refer to things or ideas, are already an abstract way of representing reality.
More specifically, the poetics of Fornasetti's painting is made up of geometry and architecture, the latter, now rationalist in the 1930s, now metaphysics with some inspiration to De Chirico (Scale Games and Invisible Cities).
In his paintings, however, it must be said, also because it expresses its great originality, The concept of "abstraction" is very general: it expresses a mental and emotional process that describes reality in the multiplicity of its characteristics.
As an inspiring factor, we perceive a contemporary formation made up of classical studies, great historical-artistic references and the dimension of a young, almost digital native: if, by quoting only a few, for Mondrian, Kandinsky, Malevich and Soldati the rules, the stimuli were in the abolition of the third dimension and independence from emotional values, here we find eyes grown up on video, games and the digital world mixed up, like colors in his brushes, with the immortal Roman landscapes and emotion reigns supreme
Inevitably, therefore, that the formation of its "impossible structures" also refers to the colossal cinematographic scenography as well as to the pictorial work of reference. And yet ... in all this there is great harmony: Tancredi succeeds in quoting Depero, his magnificent 2014 Perpetual Motion is almost a rereading of the Rotation of Ballerina and Pappagalli and, at the same time, creating a geometric game surface as the evolution of its scenic space. It takes us back to very distant and primordial times when sacred geometry, considered a form of "talismanic magic", was no longer applied only to architecture, but also to painting.
On the other hand, contemporary history has given us examples of extraordinary encounters, we like to remember 1982, when Warhol created a series of works inspired by the metaphysical painting of De Chirico, who died for 4 years. The project was realized in an exhibition entitled "Warhol versus De Chirico", which was presented in the hall of the Orazi and Curiazi in Campidoglio in Rome, November 20, 1982.
Returning to Tancredi, he has a powerful imagery nourished by the unconscious accidentality and, through the use of painstaking pictorial techniques, freehand work, realizes a sort of contemporary skyline, using the language of art: now as the surrealists under the sign of the enigma, now out of the schematism of surrealism in favor of a joyful and illuminated, solar geometry.
Like Soldati, noble father of this art, "he comes to the reduction of elementary geometric scans of the pictorial drafting, so as to leave every emphasis on creativity that moves patterns and structures without blocking them in rigid and definitive perceptual data" (Paolo Fossati)
His painting moves with a contagious enthusiasm, forces the stylistic protocols of the genre and affirms an expressive stature that does not implement a formula, but continually interrogates the pictorial language in the process of its making itself, in perfect intellectual clarity. In other words, the natural assumption and the metabolism towards the infinite adventures of the possible form is a programmatic exploration of spaces and structures with a strong rate of dynamism.
... "Tancredi Fornasetti works on the Space-Color relationship which can be defined as the fulcrum of that close connection and interaction of two opposing forces, one analytical and the other synthetic, one centrifuge and the other one centripetal. The viewer is projected into a world where doors, streets and windows seem to open, which then become more or less complex lines and shapes that create a succession of infinite paths and possibilities that contradict and support at the same time creating overlapping plans that lead towards infinite possibilities ... "
Born in Rome on 18 June 1983
Lives in Rome
He graduated in Decoration at the Academy of Fine Arts in Rome following the course of Professor Michele Cossyro.
- "Collective Christmas Exhibition 2017" - Galleria Liconi Arte - Turin
edited by Matteo Pingiori
- "Roma 40x40" - Group exhibition - Gallery Contact Contemporary art - Rome
edited by Alex and Olivia Bracci
- "Art to rebuild - Artists for Amatrice" - Group exhibition - Galleria Mucciaccia - Rome
edited by Massimiliano Mucciaccia and Simona Marchini
- "Camerini / Cambi d'artista" - Featured Artists - MAS - Magazzini to the statute
- "Broken Up City" - Personal exhibition Galleria Art & Co - Parma
edited by Simone Viola
- "Affordable Art Fair" - Milan - Mario Giusti Gallery HQ-Headquarter - Milan
"In-Vivibile City" - Personal Exhibition - Mario Giusti HQ Gallery - Headquarter - Milan
A Cura by Mario Giusti
• XIII National Comics and Art Exhibition Tiferno Comics Tex d'autore Palazzo Bufalini-Il Quadrilatero
Città di Castello
Curated by Vincenzo Mollica
- Exhibition at Palazzo Marini Foundation Clarelli Santi - House museum of the Oddi Marini Clarelli - Perugia
edited by TreB Gallery
- "Astraenti Geometries" by Manuela Vannozzi presentation by Michele Cossyro - E-Campus University-Rome
- "A mosaic for Tornareccio" X edition -Polifunctional room "Remo Gasparri" Tornareccio
- "LIMEN International Art Award 2014" Chamber of Commerce Vibo Valentia - Vibo Valentia
edited by G.Bonomi, G. Di Genova, V. Le Pera, L.Caccia - Palazzo E.Gagliardi
- "PopUp Revolution" MDM Museum - Porto Cervo
edited by Achille Bonito Oliva
produz. Spiral of ideas & Electronic Art Cafè
- "PopUp Revolution" Preview Caserma XXIV Maggio via V. Monti Milano
edited by Piero Mascitti and Achille Bonito Oliva
- "Art on move" artistic exchange Rome-Trieste Lux art Gallery & Gallery The showcase Trieste
edited by Manuela Van and Mauro Martoriati
- "Mecenati del contemporaneo" by Francesco Gallo Mazzeo Salone Bernini Residenza di Ripetta by Francesco Gallo Mazzeo
- "Made in Rome" collective at Atelier Montez Rome curated by Manuela Vannozzi
- Collective exhibition "In symbiosis" Academy of Romania in Rome
Avenue of Fine Arts in collaboration with Electronic Art Cafè Roma
- Personal exhibition at "TreB" gallery Via bezzecca 3 Rome curated by Alexander Bracci
- "ArtExpoArezzo" Fair - Arezzo Fairs and Congresses
- "The teacher presents the student" Prize Ugo Guidi - Villa Undulna-Terme della Versilia-Cinquale (MS)
edited by Enrica Frediani
- "Point of view" TreB Gallery, via Bezzecca, Rome: collective exhibition
- Exhibition «MIUR» Museum Venanzo Crocetti Rome
- National Prize of Arts of the Ministry of Education, University and Research - Catania "Le ciminiere" May 2009 finalist with a work
- "I 100 stores" prize organized by the Academy of Fine Arts in Rome: participated with a work.
- Participation with 5 works at the group exhibition: "Color your city" at the Italian Art Association (via Monte Giordano 45 - Rome)
- Collective exhibition at the Brancaleone Cultural Association of Rome: participation with 15 works.
- Personal exhibition with 13opere at the Gabi gallery library (via Gabi-Roma)
Summer 2007: practical internship at the atelier Immaginazione Srl - Milan which produces the Fornasetti collections.
• Participation in the Notte Bianca organized by the Academy of Fine Arts in Rome
• Participation in the "art and beat" event organized by NUA Circolo degli artisti Roma
• Winner of the "Shopping Bag Arte" competition organized by the Galleria Diletta Vittoria in Via Margutta - Rome
• Participation in the Notte Bianca organized by the Academy of Fine Arts in Rome
- Participation in the group exhibition "Tinte Calde" by Massimo Arduini at Torre di Tormarancia, under the patronage of the Municipality of Rome
- Participation in the "Shopping Bag Arte" competition organized by the Galleria Diletta Vittoria in Via Margutta - Rome
- Participation in the group show "The thousand children of via Margutta"
Vernissage Monday 25 Oct 2021 | 18:30-21:00
Vernissage Monday 26 Oct 2020 | 18:00
Vernissage Monday 22 Oct 2018 | 18:30-20:30